What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
A missing tooth can be a result of tooth extraction or a variety of other reasons. If you want to replace your lost or damaged teeth, you can opt for implants, bridges or dentures. Dental implants provide better long-term value over other teeth replacement options. Bridges and dentures aren’t a permanent solution, and you might need frequent visits to your dentist to maintain them. Implants are a permanent solution as they are directly fixed into the jaw bone. Moreover, they can be placed in the same visit as the tooth extraction. The team at River City Dental Clinic is equipped with the latest technology to provide you with durable dental implants.
After tooth extraction, it is crucial to replace the missing tooth to preserve the functionality of your mouth. Dental implants will help you replace your missing teeth as well as spend your money and time wisely. The numerous benefits that dental implants offer are:
- Natural Look and Comfortable Fit – Dental implants consist of three parts and these are embedded into your jaw in multiple sessions. Dental implants look natural and also function like natural teeth. First, the dentist fixes a screw-shaped titanium alloy fixture to your jawbone. Once the gum tissues heal, an abutment is added to the fixture. Finally, a prosthesis or an artificial tooth is screwed into the abutment.
- Long-Lasting and Reliable – If you care properly for your dental implants and maintain them well, they can last for 25 years or more. You should brush twice daily and floss regularly. Use a soft-bristle toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste. Don’t forget to clean under and around the crown. Avoid chewing extremely hard food.
- High Success Rate – Generally, patients do not experience complications after implant surgery. Implant technology has improved and success rates are high. Your dentist will first evaluate your overall health and oral health before proceeding with implant treatment. Patients who smoke or have diabetes may take a longer time to recover from the surgery.
- Improved Ability to Eat and Chew – You can chew your food normally as the implants are anchored to your jawbone. They don’t become loose or move from their place. On the other hand, chewing sticky substances (such as peanut butter) is difficult with dentures as they can move from their place and food can get underneath them.
- Improved Facial and Bone Features – For dental implant surgery, adjacent teeth do not have to be trimmed. Also, dental implants significantly reduce bone resorption and deterioration.
Visit your dentist regularly to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy and well-maintained. To maintain a healthy and beautiful smile, contact our centre in Fort McMurray for dental treatments and appliances.