Visit Our Dental Hygienist in Fort McMurray
Maintaining good oral and dental health starts at home with your own routine teeth brushing and flossing. But it continues at the dentist's office with regularly scheduled appointments with your local dental hygienist in Fort McMurray.
At River City Dental Clinic, we provide our patients with dental cleanings and other hygiene-related services to keep their teeth and gums looking and feeling good. We conduct thorough inspections and perform plaque and tartar removal, finishing up appointments with teeth polishing, professional flossing, and fluoride treatments if needed. By visiting a dental hygienist, you help ensure a healthier, whiter smile and protect yourself from cavities, gum disease, and other dental-related problems.
When you visit your dental hygienist in Fort McMurray, you can expect a number of procedures including:
- Digital x-ray – Not all dental problems can be seen on the surface. Some problems start from within the root of your tooth. A digital x-ray can help determine if you have any issues with tooth decay, bone loss, gum disease, or other oral abnormalities.
- Plaque and tartar removal – Plaque and tartar will be removed from around your gum line and in between your teeth. Your dental hygienist helps prevent cavities and gum disease by removing this type of bacteria.
- Polishing – This is a more extensive type of cleaning that removes stains from the surface of your teeth. The polishing procedure will leave teeth smoother and shinier.
- Flossing – Flossing also helps remove plaque. It specifically reaches areas often missed by regular brushing. Your dental hygienist may offer techniques to help you better floss at home.
- Inspection by your dentist – After your teeth are cleaned, your dentist performs a final exam, checking your gums and teeth alignment. They will recommend any additional treatments if needed.
A professional dental cleaning provides a range of benefits that at-home tooth brushing and flossing can’t entirely cover. The benefits include:
- Cavity prevention – Personal habits like brushing and flossing can help you maintain good oral hygiene. However, if you want to go deeper where tartar and cavities usually build-up, only professional hygienists can do that.
- Smile whitening – While over-the-counter products can help you get white teeth, professional hygienists can do it with better results. They use high-quality whitening products with standard cleaning procedures to give you a pearly white set of teeth.
- Stop Tooth Loss – If there are problems with your teeth or gums, routine teeth cleaning and examinations can help catch initial issues before they worsen, like tooth loss.
Some Tips for Better Oral Hygiene
Oral hygiene is as important as your overall hygiene. Here are a few tips that can help you improve your oral hygiene:
- Always clean your tongue - Plaque can also accumulate on the tongue. This can cause bad breath, but it can also cause other oral health issues. Brush your tongue gently after brushing your teeth, or use a proper tongue cleaner.
- Increase your water intake - Water probably is the best beverage for overall health and oral health. Also, it is suggested that you consume water after each meal. This can help wash away some of the adverse effects of sticky and acidic foods and beverages in between brushes.
- Avoid food and beverages filled with sugar - This one is a no-brainer as it is widely known that sugary foods can cause teeth decay. This is because sugar turns into acid after consuming it, which eventually wears out the enamel layer. This can worsen over time, and you may start noticing slight stains in your teeth.
- Plan regular visits to your dentists - One of the best things you can do for better oral health is to schedule regular appointments with your dentists. They can identify problems before they develop into something serious. We also provide a regular, thorough cleaning, which helps you maintain your beautiful smile.
At River City Dental, we guide you to maintain a good oral hygiene. We also provide a wide range of services, including cosmetic dentistry, Invisalign® and root canal therapy.
Contact us to book an appointment with our dental hygienist in Fort Mcmurray.